I'm not sure why but this assignment was very difficult for me. For as confident as I am to teach my fourth graders each day, I do not feel confident gettting up in front of a group of my peers to teach. It was hard to pretend that my peers were kids in my classroom. So, I decided to create a "lesson" for my peers instead. But, I was not at all confident about my choice when I was finished with the lesson. There are so many new things that I learn about teaching every year. I have learned a great deal from teachers who have just come out of college and are in their first year of teaching. I will never be finished learning new ways to give my students the best instruction available at the time.
I did not enjoy watching the video of my lesson. I cannot give a specific detail of what I needed to fix or work on, but I just know I didn't like watching myself. I probably should tape myself more often sot that I can really analyze my teaching more thoroughly.
No comments:
Post a Comment